Thursday 14 March 2013

IMPORTANT Water Season Update!

I hope everyone has been working out! :)

It looks as though we will be getting on the water the week starting March 24.  This means we have a few things that need to get taken care of ASAP.

1) Rowing fees must be in by the 20th at the latest. Cheques made payable to Eden High School. - $350

2) I got an e-mail from the club captain, Mark Welsh, that we are to be at the rowing club on Monday March 18th to go over club procedures and a bit of orientation. Since your're all on March break I know this is bad timing to get the word out, but it is what it is. Please spread this to however you can using any means possible. (Phone, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, smoke signals, etc.) We should aim to be there for 3:30PM. To be honest I'm not sure how long it will take, but the club is open until 6:00 and we will stick around to make sure everybody gets home safe. We will not be on the water, but dress appropriately for the weather.

3) We need to get the swim test done before we can get on the water. I was planning on working things out with Holy Cross, but they are planning on doing it Sunday 24 at the Brock pool. I realize this is a conflict for most of you, so I am pushing to either do it on the Saturday with them, or book a date for late next week. Please be aware that this MUST be done and the date is coming up.

4) We need to watch that safety video. I'll see how long it is, but I think we can get it done over a lunch. Let's aim for Tuesday.

We're all excited about getting on the water, so let's make this housekeeping as smooth as possible.

Hope you're all having a good break, and feel free to e-mail the coaches at edenrowing@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.

Mr. Ducroix

No comments:

Post a Comment