Monday 27 May 2013

Message from Parent Support Crew

Good evening everyone,

I can’t believe that there is only 7 days to go in Eden High School’s rowing season. Where has this season gone?

My name is Craig Kozun-Young, My Daughter is Mackenzie, she rows the Junior Women’s 4+ and in the 8. Coach Ducroix asked me if I would like to head up the “Eden Rowing Support Crew 2013”.

There are only a few days to go, so we could really use your help. I have paid for a 20’ x 20’ “home base” tent area on Henley Island for Schoolboy. This area will be used for our athletes to rest and replenish. I believe that the parents, and coaches will also need a place to meet and get out of the sun and possibly rain. I will have a tarp for the floor and tables for food etc. I procured an Eden Rowing banner for last weekend’s regatta in London which will be fixed to our tents this weekend, so everyone will know who we are (by the way, our crews did a fantastic job in less than perfect conditions in London).

If you are able to help, I think we need the following items as a starting point: coolers, ice, water, sports drinks like Gatorade, nutrition bars, things for lunch like muffins, sports bars, fruit like oranges etc. We also need lawn chairs.

What I would like to do is get a gas barbecue with burgers, hotdogs, maybe some salads etc., plates condiments, cutlery and so on, again for the athletes, but also for the parents and coaches as well. There are hot foods, chips etc available on the island, but why pay for them if we can support our own crews. In speaking with Coach Ducroix, we have approx 22 athletes, 5 coaches and parents, so we may need a fair amount of basic items.

Please email me with what you can bring for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I am not sure if there is anything happening on Friday or not, but I will have the tents set up Friday morning until the last race on Sunday.

Please forward this email to any other Eden Rowing parents that you may know, and also Please help me make sure that all our athletes know there will be a home base for them!

Thanks again

Craig Kozun-Young - cyoung134@sympatico.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment